- mashed bananas – two bananas
- 80g of oat flakes
- 70g of buckwheat flour (or another choice)
- 2dl milk (plant “milk” – almond, soybean, rice …)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from a half-vanilla bar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a blender, stir together: oat flakes, buckwheat flour, coconut oil, pinch of salt, plant milk, two bananas, 2 eggs, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg
- Blend until well combined.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet/non-stick pan over medium-low heat, or heat an electric griddle to 150°C. Lightly oil the surface with coconut oil or cooking spray. (If you’re using a non-stick electric griddle, you might not need any oil at all.)
- Once the surface of the pan is hot enough that a drop of water sizzles on it, pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. Let the pancake cook for about 2 minutes, until bubbles begin to form around the edges of the cake.
- Once the underside of the pancake is lightly golden, flip it with a spatula and cook for another minut or so, until golden brown on both sides. You may need to adjust the heat up or down at this point.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with honey and fruits or keep them warm in a oven.