BEET SALAD WITH CARROT, QUINOA, SWEET CORN, SPINACH & ASPARAGUS
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen organic sweet corn
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 medium raw beet, coarsely grated
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- ⅓ bunch thin asparagus spears
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- First cook the quinoa for 15 minutes. Remove the quinoa from heat and let it rest, still covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover the pot, drain off any excess water and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set it aside to cool.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the pumpkin seeds, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large serving bowl to cool.
- Sauce: Whisk together all of the ingredients until emulsified.
- In your large serving bowl, combine the toasted pumpkin seeds, cooked sweet corn, prepared beet and or carrot, roughly chopped spinach and cooked quinoa.
- Finally, drizzle sauce over the mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Stir fry asparagus 10 min. Add salt, pepper to taste
- Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and top with asparagus and sunflower seeds. Serve.